Films more accessible for masses: Chetan Bhagat
New Delhi: Chetan Bhagat believes his reach is limited even as one of India`s bestselling authors. That, he says, is a key reason behind his tryst with Bollywood, and he is also now ready to feature in an adventure-based TV show.
"People say I am a popular author, but I am not really reaching the farmers of the country through my books. I want to explore rural India and connect to them. I wanted to bring my writing closer to them, that`s why I`ve also associated myself with films. They are more accessible to the masses," Bhagat said here Tuesday.
Three of his films have already inspired Bollywood movies – ‘One Night@The Call Centre’ was made into a film titled ‘Hello’ (2008) and ‘Five Point Someone’ was brought to the big screen through ‘3 Idiots’ (2009).
The third film, ‘Kai Po Che!’ is the adaptation of his novel ‘The 3 Mistakes of My Life’, and it is releasing this Friday.
In his attempt towards further connecting with the masses, Bhagat has now come on board for Ford India and National Geographical Channel`s upcoming show ‘MyEndeavour alterrain’. The show will document road journeys of five celebrities through different terrains.
Bhagat has chosen to drive through Gujarat from Ahmedabad to Junagarh, with an aim to meet the rural crowd on the way.
"I want to meet and interact with people, talk to them about their conflicts and problems. I want to reach out to people in more interior. It might have an influence on me and my writings too," added the alumnus of Indian Institute of Technology-Delhi and Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' breaks into Rs 100 crore club
- Vidya Balan turns down Suchitra Sen biopic
- Disney pulls plug on 'Tron 3'
- 21 European films to be screened in Kolkata
- Mamata Banerjee remembers Rituparno Ghosh as West Bengal's pride
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- 'Ishqedarriyaan' review: An oft-seen love story
- Chris Brown sometimes hated himself
- Emilia Clarke called 'Dragon Lady' in shops
- Kangana Ranaut inaugurates first Gap store in India
- Nicki Minaj particular about sex
- Cara Delevingne poses topless for jewellery ad
- I quite like being naked: Miranda Kerr
- Men watching porn less likely to enjoy sex with real-life partners
- December 11 is the most popular day of the year to conceive
- Now have 'aquagasm' with new 'shower' sex toy
- Gisele Bundchen goes topless again
- Jessica Simpson poses in seductive way on Instagram
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian poses nude
- Secret behind Kim K's nude photoshoot revealed
- Jennifer Lawrence draws eyeballs in new photo shoot
- Keira Knightley will go topless, but on condition
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 29, 2015
- Railways may hike AC class fares from June 1, 2015
- Protests outside IIT-Madras against ban on students' group
- Special: Heart-wrenching tales of elderly people in old age homes
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- Log on to ahsec.nic.in: AHSEC 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Arrival of Monsoon over Kerala delayed by 2-3 days: Met Department
- Govt committed to One Rank, One Pension: PM Narendra Modi
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared to be declared today at 3PM