Freida Pinto says ‘my heart will always be in Mumbai’
London: Freida Pinto may have been travelling the world since ‘Slumdog Millionaire’, but she says her ‘heart’ is still in her hometown.
Born in Mumbai to Mangalorean parents - her mother was a high school principal and her father a senior banking official - she earned a degree in English literature from Mumbai’s St Xavier’s College before signing to Elite Models, where she became used to living out of a suitcase.
“My heart will always be in Mumbai, but I’ve kind of moved to London. That’s my second home,” the Independent quoted her as saying.
“I love London. Love the city, love the people there. When I’m in London I stay at my friend’s apartment, but whenever I need to recoup, India is the place to go and be with my family.”
The actress also revealed how she tried to buy a home in Mumbai but couldn’t.
“I still haven’t splurged on anything since Slumdog was a hit,” she said.
“I used my first big pay-cheque to put a deposit on a flat in Mumbai, but that fell through - so I’m still looking for that one place to put my feet up,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Emraan Hashmi takes up 'Fear vs Neerja' challenge!
- Can't take freedom of speech for granted; religion in politics is not healthy: Kamal Haasan
- Sunny Deol's fans give thumps up to 'Ghayal Once Again', mints Rs 14.85 cr!
- Henry Cavill flaunts new look for upcoming flick 'Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice'
- Second dialogue promo of 'Neerja' is here!