Freida Pinto says ‘my heart will always be in Mumbai’
London: Freida Pinto may have been travelling the world since ‘Slumdog Millionaire’, but she says her ‘heart’ is still in her hometown.
Born in Mumbai to Mangalorean parents - her mother was a high school principal and her father a senior banking official - she earned a degree in English literature from Mumbai’s St Xavier’s College before signing to Elite Models, where she became used to living out of a suitcase.
“My heart will always be in Mumbai, but I’ve kind of moved to London. That’s my second home,” the Independent quoted her as saying.
“I love London. Love the city, love the people there. When I’m in London I stay at my friend’s apartment, but whenever I need to recoup, India is the place to go and be with my family.”
The actress also revealed how she tried to buy a home in Mumbai but couldn’t.
“I still haven’t splurged on anything since Slumdog was a hit,” she said.
“I used my first big pay-cheque to put a deposit on a flat in Mumbai, but that fell through - so I’m still looking for that one place to put my feet up,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I console myself with a career that lasts: Twinkle Khanna
- Priyanka Chopra proud of sister Parineeti's singing debut
- Rahul Bose hopeful that Poorna's story will touch hearts
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Kamya Punjabi releases teaser of Pratyusha Banerjee’s last short film – Watch