French singer Mina Agossi wants to meet Lata Mangeshkar
Vadodara: Well known French singer Mina Agossi has revealed she is impressed with the voice of legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar and wants to meet her.
"I am highly impressed with melody queen Lata Mangeshkar and I feel excited and thrilled listening to her songs. She is legendary and I would be happy to meet her if I get a chance," the 42-year-old singer told.
Agossi is in the city to take part in a jazz concert tonight.
The singer also expressed her desire to work with Indian music directors. "Music is free and it has no boundary. I enjoy listening to Indian music and am ready to work with Indian music directors," she said.
The singer, who has lent her voice to records like `Red Eyes`, `Just Like a Lady` and `Simple Things`, said she also enjoyed listening to Gujarati songs and expressed her willingness to perform in Pakistan and other countries including UAE and Gulf nations.
Agossi, who has done a number of shows in major cities across the globe and has more than 10 music albums in the market, is planning to release her next album later this year.
"I plan to release another album in September this year," she said, but refused to divulge any details.
Pointing out that jazz is not very popular in India, she said it can be popularised if concerts in this genre of music are organised in various parts of the country at regular intervals.
Jazz is a music genre that originated at the beginning of the 20th century within the African-American communities of the Southern United States.
Agossi`s concert in the city has been organised by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations and Sangeet Natak Academy in association with Parul Group of Institutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Striking and suave Irrfan Khan in 'Jazbaa'
- Simon Cowell shares cute pic with son on Twitter
- Milla Jovovich has daughter baptized
- Legendary actor Omar Sharif suffering from Alzheimer's disease
- I've no regrets over sexist lyrics: Snoop Dogg
- Gary Barlow sings at fan's wedding
- Lena Headey reveals second baby gender
- Blake Lively calls Ryan Reynolds 'hypocrite'
- Josh Duggar cancels Ohio appearance amid child molestation scandal
- Kanye West is a bit eccentric: Paul Mccartney
- Colin Farrell praises Ireland voters for legalising gay marriage
- Nick Jonas 'too short' to play James Bond
- Regina George's 'Mean Girls' mansion up for sale
- Sharon Osbourne taking one-month break
- Lively called Reynolds a 'hypocrite'
- Taylor Swift's fiercely loyal: Karlie Kloss
- Ed Sheeran may take year off
- Feel sad to not see KKR at Eden: Shah Rukh Khan
- Anushka Sharma feels 'terrible' on being sick, misses fun with DDD boys
- Anil Kapoor, Ranveer Singh cheer for MI, Farhan Akhtar wants to catch a sixer
- Anushka Sharma has evolved as an actor, person: Ranveer Singh
- Every single child is unique: Priyanka Chopra
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25