Garfield shocks Mulligan, Knightley with allergic reaction
London: Andrew Garfield left his `Never Let Me Go` co-stars Keira Knightley and Carey Mulligan "terrified" after he suffered an allergic reaction during dinner and had to be taken to hospital.
The three British stars grew close while filming the tense drama in a quaint seaside area of Norfolk, England, and often dined together in the evenings after shooting wrapped.
But Garfield ruined one meal when he went into anaphylactic shock, leaving the actresses fearful for his wellbeing, reported Marie Claire magazine.
And the 27-year-old actor admitted he was more concerned about causing a scene in front of his glamorous co-stars than his health.
"When we were filming in Norfolk, I went to dinner with Carey and Keira one night. There I was sitting in-between these beautiful girls, when I started having an allergic reaction to something in my food.
"I had to spend the rest of that night in hospital. Alex Garland (screenwriter) took me. I`m used to it, because I`ve been in hospital a few times with this, but Carey was beside herself and Keira was terrified. It was just the most awkward moment ever, to go into anaphylactic shock at dinner," said Garfield.