George Harrison`s childhood house on auction
London: The childhood home of Beatles guitarist George Harrison will soon go under the hammer.
Harrison lived in the terraced property in Liverpool, with his parents between 1949 and 1965. The house also holds significance as the Beatles are said to have written hits including "Love me do" there, reports contactmusic.com.
The building is now up for auction via Homes Bought Fast.
Its managing director David Coughlin told Britain`s Liverpool Echo newspaper: "We are overwhelmed by the interest surrounding this property. When we heard it was a Beatle`s former house we implemented a lot of research which confirmed it was George`s house - and we still couldn`t believe it.
"It`s part not only of Liverpool`s history, but of the world of music, and there`s something very special about being in the same place as the Beatles` once were."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 47: Survival fight continues, inmates stumped by surprise exit!
- Tough times in India: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra on intolerance row
- Response to 'Wazir' trailer makes Bejoy Nambiar 'ecstatic'
- Salman's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' outraces lifetime earnings of '3 Idiots'
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!
- We're going back to dark ages: Emraan Hashmi on film censorship
- Pooja Joshi of 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' gets hitched to beau!
- Aamir Khan has every right to be worried, says Aparna Sen
- Everyone has right to an opinion, except a celebrity: Sonu Nigam
- Amitabh Bachchan reaches 18 mn followers on Twitter