George Harrison`s childhood house on auction
London: The childhood home of Beatles guitarist George Harrison will soon go under the hammer.
Harrison lived in the terraced property in Liverpool, with his parents between 1949 and 1965. The house also holds significance as the Beatles are said to have written hits including "Love me do" there, reports contactmusic.com.
The building is now up for auction via Homes Bought Fast.
Its managing director David Coughlin told Britain`s Liverpool Echo newspaper: "We are overwhelmed by the interest surrounding this property. When we heard it was a Beatle`s former house we implemented a lot of research which confirmed it was George`s house - and we still couldn`t believe it.
"It`s part not only of Liverpool`s history, but of the world of music, and there`s something very special about being in the same place as the Beatles` once were."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt won't be typically romantic: Gauri Shinde
- See in pic: Anil Kapoor in awe of daughters, Sonam and Rhea Kapoor!
- Shilpa Shetty rejoices 4 million Twitter followers
- I don't know my caste or creed, I'm universal: Amitabh Bachchan
- First trailer of Clooney's 'Hail, Caesar!' unveiled