George Michael charged with drug possession, drunk driving
London: Pop star George Michael has been charged with possession of cannabis.
The `Careless Whispers` hitmaker is also facing charges of driving under the influence of alcohol or durgs, the Telegraph reported quoting Scotland Yard.
The 47-year-old singer, whose real name is Georgios Panayiotou, was arrested in July this year after he crashed his car into a branch of Snappy Snaps, the photographic shop, in Hampstead, north London.
Michael, who lives in Highgate, was on police bail following the crash. The singer, who ruled the charts in the 90s with hits like `Wham!` and `Father figure`, has a history of drugs abuse.
He was charged when he reported to a police station in Camden, north London, today. In a statement Scotland Yard said: "He was released on police bail to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates` Court on August 24."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rakhi Sawant to become a porn star - Here's why
- Priyanka Chopra's gallant avatar in 'Jai Gangaajal' comes alive in this making video – Watch
- Natalie Portman joins 'The Death and Life of John F Donovan'
- Did Cara Delevingne pop 'the question' to girlfriend?
- Sonam dishes about fan moment with Waheeda Rehman