George Michael didn`t try to commit suicide by throwing himself from car, says pal
London: George Michael, who fell out of his Range Rover while travelling as a passenger at 70mph on a motorway, did not throw himself from his Range Rover on purpose, a pal of the singer has insisted.
The star was rushed to a hospital after getting serious head injury last week.
It was rumoured that the 49-year-old, who has battled drugs and depression, may have jumped from the vehicle in order to commit suicide, but now a pal has claimed that it was merely a freak accident, the Mirror reported.
The friend told the publication that Michael was just trying to shut the door when he fell out.
The pal said that Michael has been writing a new album and is really pleased with what he`s done so far.
"It was an accident and he is the first person to put his hand up and say, `I`m sorry`. He deserves more sympathy," the friend said.
Michael remains in hospital under observation for head injuries and his publicist claimed the he suffered "some bumps and cuts".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gul Panag enjoys being an entrepreneur
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ effect: Salman Khan, Kabir Khan to spread Geeta’s story
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- Bollywood does not exist for me: Amit Kumar