Gerard Butler`s birthday plans in India scrapped after visa denial
Los Angeles: ‘PS I Love You’ star Gerard Butler`s last-minute plan to spend his birthday in India was wrecked after he failed to leave enough time to obtain a visa.
The 43-year-old Scottish actor, who was in Dubai recently for a store opening, decided to take an impromptu trip to nearby India for the post-birthday celebrations, reported Hollywood life.
Butler celebrated his birthday on November 13 and the same day he headed to the Indian embassy in Dubai for a travel permit but had to abandon his plan when he was told the documents would not be available for a week.
"I am very disorganised. So at the last minute here in Dubai, I decided I wanted to go to India for my birthday. But I went to the embassy here today (Wednesday). They were excited to see me, but they said `No` and that it would take seven days. So this year, I will go to Scotland and spend time with my family," he said.
Butler has turned producer for upcoming film ‘Playing for Keeps’, where he is also acting. The film will hit theatres on December 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deols should promote their films well, SRK told Dharmendra
- Spielberg's fan letter made Dwayne Johnson 'grin like a kid'
- 'Simpsons' creator Matt Groening sued by nanny for 'discrimination'
- Iggy Azalea slams media for trying to create 'beef' between her, Britney Spears
- 'Minions' filmmakers Chris Renaud wants to cast Chris Pratt as next 'villain'