Gerard Butler`s private screening for US Marines
London: Actor Gerard Butler held a private screening of his upcoming film `Olympus Has Fallen` for US Marines because he wanted to make sure they had no objections.
The 43-year-old `PS I Love You` star was worried what the armed forces would think of the dramatic scenes and so decided to visit them personally to get their opinions on the finished piece, reported Contactmusic.
"I worried the armed forces would hate it because, at the end of the day, they`re pretty much all killed in the film but I went to Camp Pendleton, the main Marine base, and screened it to the Marines and they loved it," said Butler, who plays a presidential guard Mike Branning in the new action film.
The movies sees the White House explode after being targeted by terrorists.
"It`s not just that somebody sprains their ankle. Things go wrong. Badly. And we wanted to examine a day where it really went wrong," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonam Kapoor joins fight to make India hunger-free
- #Sandesh2Soldiers campaign: Aamir Khan, Salman and Akshay Kumar's special message to soldiers on Diwali
- Akshay Kumar is good health ambassador of 'Jaan Bachao' campaign
- Anushka Sharma singing 'Bulleya' to her pet dog is the cutest video you will see today!
- At 60, Mel Gibson all set to welcome ninth child!