Gulshan Grover: Indian stars have marginal acceptance abroad
New Delhi: Gulshan Grover, who has worked in international movies, says that the acceptability of Indian movies and actors abroad is bare minimum.
"Acceptability of Indian stars and acceptability of Indian films is very marginal," Gulshan told IANS, adding that Hollywood stars` "love for India is genuine, but the rest all is said by the PR machinery".
"If you have an opportunity, please ask them if they have seen any Bollywood film? They would say, `No I have not but I have heard so much about it.’" he added.
Gulshan`s international projects include ‘Prisoners of the Sun’ and ‘Desperate Endeavours’.
Recalling his initial days in international platform, the 56-year-old said: "When I stared working in Hollywood, at that time only actors from theatre or parallel cinema were thought as worthy of being able to work in international or Hollywood films. Actors from commercial films or stars were not considered worthy of stardom.
Gulshan will be seen in Shuja Ali`s ‘Ban Gayi Baat’ in which for the first time he will play a double role, one of them being a gay character.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC stays summons to Shah Rukh Khan over Vadodara railway station incident
- My mother is Divyanka Tripathi's fan, says Sonakshi Sinha
- Shah Rukh Khan's home has a 'spidey boom' and AbRam is enjoying it like a boss!
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Pratyusha Banerjee short film: Kamya Punjabi hits back at Rahul Raj Singh, says no one can scare me!