Guy Ritchie`s solar plan criticised by ecologist
London: Filmmaker Guy Ritchie`s plans to plant hundreds of solar panels on his English estate have been criticised by a government ecologist.
The 42-year-old has applied for permission to make his home completely solar powered by installing 200 panels in a field on his Ashcombe House property in Wiltshire, Contactmusic reported.
But council ecologist Louisa Kilgallen argues that Ritchie`s green bid should be refused, citing the protected status of the development area, which is a wildlife site.
"The erection of solar panels would cause disturbance during the construction phase, reduce the area available for chalk grassland plants and invertebrates, increase the risk of weed species colonising in the vicinity of the development and cause disturbance during the decommissioning period,"
Kilgallen`s report states.
Ritchie, who became a father for the second time earlier this week with girlfriend Jacqui Ainsley, purchased the property in 2001 with his ex-wife Madonna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan has something to say to Ajay Devgn and Karan Johar
- Diwali Lakshmi Pujan 2016: Timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Naraka Chaturdashi 2016: Choti Diwali Abhyang Snan timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Celebrate 'love' this Diwali with Neha-Tony Kakkar's 'Khuda Bhi Jab'!
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 699: Alia successfully convinces Abhi to continue his relationship with Tanu