Guy Ritchie`s solar plan criticised by ecologist
London: Filmmaker Guy Ritchie`s plans to plant hundreds of solar panels on his English estate have been criticised by a government ecologist.
The 42-year-old has applied for permission to make his home completely solar powered by installing 200 panels in a field on his Ashcombe House property in Wiltshire, Contactmusic reported.
But council ecologist Louisa Kilgallen argues that Ritchie`s green bid should be refused, citing the protected status of the development area, which is a wildlife site.
"The erection of solar panels would cause disturbance during the construction phase, reduce the area available for chalk grassland plants and invertebrates, increase the risk of weed species colonising in the vicinity of the development and cause disturbance during the decommissioning period,"
Kilgallen`s report states.
Ritchie, who became a father for the second time earlier this week with girlfriend Jacqui Ainsley, purchased the property in 2001 with his ex-wife Madonna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- He has to forgive me someday: Arijit Singh on row with Salman Khan
- Panchmukhi Hanuman – Know significance and reasons to pray Him!
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!