Gwyneth Paltrow faces ire for promoting kids` bikinis
Los Angeles: Actress Gwyneth Paltrow has faced the wrath of child protection advocates after a young girl in a bikini featured on her lifestyle website.
Paltrow`s Goop.com site sells swimwear designed by Melissa Odabash, and shows pictures of a little girl wearing one of the two-piece creations, as well as beach cover-ups.
The outfits, which are described as "great for girls who want to look grown up", have sparked outrage among campaigners who claim the images sexualise children, reports dailystar.co.uk.
"We remain very opposed to the sexualisation of children and of childhood. The dangers have been discussed at length, so it is a great pity that such trends continue and that they carry celebrity endorsement," Claude Knight of Kidscape, a foundation set up to prevent child abuse, told the Daily Mail newspaper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar bats for insurance for stuntmen in Bollywood
- No fun working with Kangana if her role is small: Irrfan Khan
- Abhishek Bachchan's thoughts about getting inked- Know what the actor feels
- Watch: Karan Patel, Ankita Bhargava’s wedding video will restore your faith in 'Arranged Love'
- Here’s why you need to read Arpita Khan Sharma’s response to haters