Hafiz Saeed extends support to Shah Rukh Khan
New Delhi: Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed has invited Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan to Pakistan, following the actor’s comments on what it means to be a Muslim since the 9/11 terror attack.
Reportedly, while talking to a Pakistani Television channel, Saeed expressed his support to the Indian actor. He said that SRK will be respected in Pakistan and that he may choose to relocate to the country if he feels insecure in India.
Shah Rukh Khan in a recent interview to a magazine had said, “I sometimes become the inadvertent object of political leaders who choose to make me a symbol of all that they think is wrong and unpatriotic about Muslims in India.”
"There have been occasions when I have been accused of bearing allegiance to our neighbouring nation rather than my own country - this even though I am an Indian, whose father fought for the freedom of India. Rallies have been held where leaders have exhorted me to leave and return what they refer to my original homeland," SRK had added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Raees’ Shah Rukh Khan travels by train to promote film - WATCH video
- Four detectives in Bengali fiction who are every kid’s hero
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan returns to stun you! Check out Femina cover PIC
- Deepika Padukone looks incredibly stunning on the cover of Filmfare!
- Jackie Chan on the sets of ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ – See PICS