Halle Berry chopped off hair to get roles
London: Actress Halle Berry cut her hair short in a bid to catch the attention of casting directors.
At the beginning of her career, she felt she was missing out on roles because she didn`t stand out at auditions.
"I would go on acting auditions, and every black girl would have this long, curly hair, whether it was real or not. And I would go to these auditions and come back with nothing. So I had to somehow be different," people.com quoted her as saying.
Berry recalls she chopped off her hair for the first time in 1989, infuriating her manager.
"I remember I went up to my manager`s office and his heart probably stopped beating. He said, `You`re never going to work, you`re not what they want!` And I said, `Good. Let me be something different then`," she added.
And then two weeks later, she landed her first job as a model on American TV series ‘Living Dolls’.
"I had short hair and that`s why they chose me - because I was different and not like everyone else. It was the way I kind of rebelled against... the notion that you have to have long hair to be beautiful," Berry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salma Agha to get lifetime Indian visa, say MHA sources
- AR Rahman conferred with Japan's Fukuoka prize 2016
- Social media trolls don't affect Zareen Khan
- Here's what Shraddha Kapoor has to say about link-up reports with Farhan Akhtar!
- Nervousness took over Priyanka Chopra while auditioning for 'Quantico'? Watch video