Halle Berry loses custody battle to move daughter to France
London: Halle Berry has lost her fight to move daughter Nahla to France, it has been revealed.
According to TMZ.com, Berry and former partner Gabriel Aubry attended court on Friday where the judge made the ruling that the four-year-old will stay in the US, the Daily Mail reported.
The star, 46, looked sombre as she left the courtroom in an all-black outfit and stepped into her car, approximately 20 minutes after Aubry.
The former couple have been embroiled in a custody battle over Nahla for several months.
The ‘Monster’s Ball’ star wanted to move the youngster to Paris to live with her and her fiance Olivier Martinez.
She was arguing that Los Angeles was not the ideal place for her daughter to grow up, due to the glare of the paparazzi.
She has insisted that it was not an attempt to keep Nahla’s model father away from her.
But Gabriel was arguing that having his daughter live thousands of miles away would render it extremely difficult for him to remain a part of her life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hindu group wants Atif Aslam concert cancelled
- Government has to decide who can work in India: Saif Ali Khan
- Tannishtha Chatterjee slams racist attack on TV show, channel apologises
- 'Mirzya' story needed fresh faces: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- Ranbir Kapoor's family posts sweet messages for him on his birthday