Happy 37th birthday Vivek Oberoi!
Zee Media Bureau/Resham Sengar
New Delhi: It happens to be Vivek Oberoi’s birthday today and if we walk down the memory lane, there are some milestones in his life that we come across.
Being a son of actor Suresh Oberoi acting was in his genes and it came in handy in helping him getting noticed in Ram Gopal Varma’s ‘Company’ even when he was working alongside a much-established Ajay Devgn. Vivek won Filmfare Awards for Best Debut as well as Best Supporting Actor for the same film.
The films that have reaped him accolades are ‘Saathiya’, ‘Yuva’ and ‘Omkara’ which was Vishal Bhardwaj’s screen adaptation of the Shakespearean drama ‘Othello’.
Vivek’s infamous phone fight with Salman Khan for his then alleged girlfriend Aishwarya Rai was made public by him by calling a press conference. As a result, he earned the wrath of Bollywood’s bad boy Salman, who nearly ruined Vivek’s flourishing film career.
A slew of flop films later, Vivek landed a role in ‘Kurbaan’ in which he played Dia Mirza’s love interest who also ends up foiling the plans of a terror outfit in the US.
Married to Priyanka Alva, the daughter of Karnataka minister Jeevaraj Alva, he is also a proud daddy of Vivaan Veer Oberoi.
Here’s wishing Vivek a joyous birthday!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ayesha Takia responds to 'plastic surgery' rumours, shuts trolls with cryptic post!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' controversy: Shyam Benegal finds CBFC 'ban' on films unacceptable
- Amit Sadh keen to climb Mount Everest!
- Karan Johar's throwback picture from DEBUT role will blow your mind!
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!