‘Harry Potter’ star charged for possessing petrol bomb during London riots
London: ‘Harry Potter’ star Jamie Waylett, who played Hogwarts bully Vincent Crabbe, has been charged for possessing a petrol bomb during the London riots.
Waylett was accused of violent disorder during clashes in Chalk Farm, north London, and is also charged with handling stolen goods after the police trawled through 100,000 hours of CCTV footage in an effort to identify hundreds of people involved in the riots.
The 22-year-old actor, who is the most high-profile suspect to be arrested during the disturbances, appeared before Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Sept 29 and was released on bail with a 7pm to 7am curfew, the Telegraph reported.
The Brit is also accused of growing cannabis in his bedroom, after the police allegedly seized 15 mature plants when they arrived at his house to arrest him following the widespread looting over the summer.
Waylett will appear in court again next month, and his cannabis charge alone has a maximum sentence of 14 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Michael Jackson's daughter hits out at 'expectations'
- Valentine's 2016: Karan Singh Grover's piece of mind!
- Whoa! Priyanka Chopra dubs for Ms Marvel in 'Marvel Avengers'!
- Amitabh Bachchan makes it big, rejoices 23 million Facebook followers!
- Katrina Kaif breaks silence over break-up with Ranbir Kapoor, here's what she has to say