Harvard conducts case study on Farhan`s Excel Entertainment
New Delhi: The famed Harvard Business School (HBS) has done a case study on Indian film production company Excel Entertainment, the banner behind movies like `Dil Chahta Hai`, `Rock On!!` and `Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara`.
The company, co-owned by Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani, is the centre of a case study, which will be taught to second year MBA students at HBS in early 2013.
Confirming the development, Sidhwani said: "It`s a huge honour for any organisation."
Earlier this year, Sidhwani was invited to speak at the Harvard India Conference 2012, held at the university`s campus in Boston. His talk gave them a good insight, and they decided to take it further by doing a case study.
Mukti Khaire, associate professor at HBS flew down to Mumbai from Boston for a week and was the faculty lead on the case.
Khaire worked closely with Namrata Arora, associate director, Harvard University South Asia Initiative, during the case-writing process on Excel Entertainment.
As part of their research, they did extensive interviews with Farhan, Sidhwani and other key members of the Excel Entertainment team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Credit my weight loss to 'Bollywood pressure': Parineeti Chopra
- Watch: Queen's response to dare from Obamas is simply hilarious!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- Priyanka Chopra attends White House Correspondents' dinner, gets clicked with President Obama