Have rejected many films: Kareena Kapoor
Mumbai: Actress Kareena Kapoor says she has no qualms about rejecting those film offers which later went on to become blockbusters.
Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s recently released `Ram-Leela` was
the latest in this list, said the 33-year-old actress.
"I don`t know what clicks with me as an actor. There is work for everyone. I will do what I believe in. Like ten years back if I did not want to do a film then I used to be the first one to leave it.
"There is no heroine like me who has left more films than
I have, and given them on a platter to everybody and said go do it. I think I am mad...I am like if I don`t want to do a film I will not to do it. I would sit at home and enjoy, party and travel," Kareena said.
In the past, she has reportedly rejected films like `Chennai Express`, `Fashion`, `Page 3` and `Kal Ho Nas Ho`.
"I have said no to films like `Ram Leela`.... I am sure it
interests other actors which is fine but at that moment it did not excite me," Kareena said.
And she does not regret of not doing the films that she turned down even in hindsight, though some of them became blockbusters.
"Those who know me as a person know it that I am not the
kind of person who have any regrets in life. I never look back in life. I thank god for being kind to me," she added.
"The role is more important to me, when you are hearing the narration you should feel good. Many actors like to read scripts, I try to read scripts but I fall asleep. I like to hear it. So when I hear the script it should excite me. Sometimes you like it (script) and sometimes you don`t," she said.
Kareena will be seen next in `Shuddhi` opposite Hrithik Roshan, and in a special appearance in actor-husband Saif Ali Khan`s `Happy Ending` and Akshay Kumar`s `Gabbar`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- 'Casino Royale' actress Caterina Murino was sleepless over rape cases in India
- Arjun Rampal's mother fights cancer, actor prays for her good health
- Adele plants kiss on fan's lips
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?