Helen Mirren has no plans to retire
London: She is playing a retired secret agent in ‘Red 2’ but veteran Hollywood star Helen Mirren finds it hard to imagine herself quitting acting anytime soon.
The Academy-award-winning actress, 67, enjoys her profession too much to think about hanging her boots, the Daily Express reported.
"It is hard to let go of our business. Maybe I`ll never retire. I can`t see it happening because I love working too much. It is hard to let go of the creativity involved and the attention you get. You think it doesn`t mean anything to you until suddenly you don`t get any!" Mirren said.
"I like the idea of retiring but I never seem to get any nearer actually to doing it. Maybe I never will. I can`t see it happening because I love working too much," she said.
The actress will join a stellar cast comprising John Malkovich, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Bruce Willis and Anthony Hopkins for the sequel to 2010 movie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- He has to forgive me someday: Arijit Singh on row with Salman Khan
- Panchmukhi Hanuman – Know significance and reasons to pray Him!
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!