Helen Mirren ``unsure`` over reprising Queen role
London: Dame Helen Mirren has admitted she felt "very unsure" about reprising her Oscar-winning role as The Queen in an upcoming West End play.
"I don`t like going back to things," the 67-year-old said. "I like to go forward."
But she was won over, she went on, by the "extraordinary team of artists who are putting the play together".
The actress was speaking at the European Film Awards in Malta, where she received an honorary award.
Dame Helen`s comments came as she spoke to reporters after accepting an award for European Achievement in World Cinema, a channel has reported.
Her screen portrayal of Elizabeth II in 2006 also won her a slew of prizes, among them a best actress prize at the European Film Awards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- See pics: Riteish, Genelia with their little bundle of joy 'Riaan'!
- See: Three generations of Bachchan 'parivar' in one frame!
- Check out: Amitabh Bachchan tweets 'Piku' key chain!
- Sexism is an issue in entertainment industry: Debby Ryan
- Kris Jenner encourages Kendall to date Lewis Hamilton?
- Doubt Zayn and I will get married this summer: Perrie Edwards
- Kris Jenner files legal documents to trademark name 'Momager'
- I felt powerless during son Charlie's meltdown: Martin Sheen
- Paltrow, Chris Martin attend Memorial Day bash together
- Katie Holmes pays tribute to grandfather on Memorial Day
- Cancelled 'Justice League' film gets documentary
- Judge to hold hearing on whether Shakira's copyright accuser lied
- Ricky Kej grateful to everyone who felt his music
- Sidharth Malhotra, Kriti Sanon 'As I Am' music anthem becomes a rage
- 'Obsessed' Dave Grohl dedicates song to Taylor Swift
- Noel Gallagher rejects Oasis reunion rumours
- Bickram Ghosh to open music gurukul in Singapore, London
- `Power-pack performer` Paul McCartney plays 3hr set in London
- Check out: Longer version of Anushka, Priyanka's 'Girls Like To Swing' from 'Dil Dhadakne Do'!
- Watch: Peppy 'Happy Birthday' song from 'ABCD2'!
- Melody Gardot eager for album release
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on stage
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened