Hepatitis B came accidentally to me; I am surviving on just 25% of liver: Amitabh Bachchan
Amitabh Bachchan has been surviving on 25 percent of his liver. He accidentally became a recipient of the Hepatitis B virus.
Mumbai: Indian cinema’s megastar- Amitabh Bachchan – made a shocking revelation during an event held recently. The legendary actor revealed that 75 percent of his liver is damaged and he is surviving on the remaining 25 percent.
The actor took to Twitter to write:
“Launching the Hepatitis B campaign, with the Government Officialdom and the UNICEF .. I am Hep B sufferer ! (sic).”
T 2068 - Launching the Hepatitis B campaign, with the Government Officialdom and the UNICEF .. I am Hep B sufferer ! pic.twitter.com/oCaycIvGfx
— Amitabh Bachchan (@SrBachchan) November 24, 2015
The event was rganised to launch a campaign to create awareness about Hepatitis B.
“Hepatitis B came to me accidentally. After my accident on the sets of Coolie, I was infused with the blood of about 200 donors and 60 bottles of blood were injected into my system,” Indianexpress.com quoted the veteran as saying.
“One of my blood donors was carrying Hepatitis B virus which went into my system. I continued to function normally till year 2000 and almost 18 years after the accident, during a very normal medical checkup, I was told that my liver was infected and I had lost 75 per cent of my liver,” Big B added.