Here is Amitabh Bachchan`s take on award functions
Mumbai: Megastar Amitabh Bachchan says the format of the award function was different earlier as in those days the winners were declared before the event itself.
"In those early years, the winners were not announced by envelope at the last minute ... they were announced much earlier, and the anticipation used to be the actor that would present them ... such was the format ... until it all changed," the 71-year-old posted on his blog.
"Once that particular venue changed and became this great big monster of an event, held at stadiums, with hundreds of visitors and live performances ... all this never happened then," he added.
He recalls that it used to be "a very sober and controlled affair", adding: "I remember when at this venue (Shanmukhananda Hall) for the first time they introduced the concept of TV inside the foyer of the hall as you walked in, with a very hesitant anchor almost making an apology of a venue bite for perhaps the only channel then - the state run DD, we all felt most awkward and almost abhorring the idea of saying anything. But look what has transpired since."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navratri 2016: Did you know there is a colour code which you can follow?
- Ajay Devgn and Abigail Eames in ‘Raatein’ from ‘Shivaay’ will melt your heart! Watch song
- Deepika Padukone to play King Ashoka’s daughter on reel?
- 'Folksong Festival' radio host Oscar Brand dies at 96
- Biopic on Dhoni made tax free in UP
- Why daddys always save their sons: Kangana Ranaut on Hrithik controversy
- Anupam Kher to play politician in 'Welcome Back Gandhi'
- Karan Patel deletes his angry social media post against Pakistan – Know why
- Anushka Sharma does an impromptu gig in Libson
- Harshvardhan has daddy Anil Kapoor helping him with Mirzya promotions