Hero-heroine formula no longer works: Vishakha Singh
Mumbai: Hackneyed plot revolving around hero-heroine no more triumphs at the box office feels Vishakha Singh and adds that this is the age of good scripts.
Seen in films like ‘Fukrey’, about an eclectic bunch of students poised between adolescence and manhood, and medical negligence drama ‘Ankur Arora Murder Case’, she said: "Hero-heroine formula is no longer working. Only ensemble casts and good scripts work and my sensibility is also like that."
If her last two films had an ensemble cast, her upcoming movie ‘Bajatey Raho’ too stars a host of actors like Tusshar Kapoor, Ranvir Shorey, Ravi Kishan, Vinay Pathak and Dolly Ahluwalia.
‘Bajatey Raho’ is a comic thriller and Vishakha is happy that with the film she has got a breathing space.
"I was happy (about `Bajatey Raho`) because so far I have been doing intense roles only. But in `Bajatey Raho` I got a lot of breathing space... It is a fun character... she is gutsy and Sikhni," said Vishakha, who was also seen in Ashutosh Gowariker`s period drama ‘Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey’.
‘Bajatey Raho’ releases July 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Lady Gaga met Dalai Lama!
- Rajinikanth doing well, in US for medical test: Brother
- Vivek Oberoi to be seen in 'No Smoking' commercial
- Shahid Kapoor’s on-screen cousin 'Jassi' from 'Udta Punjab' will make you go weak in the knees – Pics inside
- THIS Bollywood director inspired Tusshar Kapoor to try surrogacy!