Hit-and-run case: Salman Khan's court hearing postponed, yet again!
Mumbai: In a press briefing, birthday boy Salman Khan informed that he’d be appearing in the Bandra court today at around 11.30am. The actor is to face the courtroom for the infamous 2002 incident – wherein Salman’s car had rammed into five people, killing one and injuring four. The hearing of the case had had to be postponed repeatedly due to Salman’s hectic film schedule.
However, Salman had earlier informed the media that he’d be in the Bandra court today, thereby spending a chunk of his 47th birthday surrounded by lawyers and the like.
While Salman's sister and lawyer presented themselves in the courtroom, the actor wasn't able to make it to the venue. The Bandra court exempted the actor from personal appearance and the hearing has now been postponed to January 30, 2012.
Asked which is the best gift that he has received so far, Salman, on a lighter note, said: "Main paida ho gaya yeh hi sabse bada gift hai sabke liye (My birth is the biggest gift for everyone)."
The actor turned 47 Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vin Diesel enjoys cutting chai with Deepika Padukone
- National award-winning filmmaker Deepak Roy dead at 67
- Sidharth Malhotra turns 32, B-Town wishes him more success
- Javed Akhtar, Vivek Agnihotri question 'azadi' for Zaira Wasim
- Shah Rukh Khan finds his conversations with son AbRam 'most enlightening'