Honoured to be associated with UNICEF: Madhuri Dixit
New Delhi: Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit, who has recently been appointed as UNICEF`s `celebrity advocate for child rights`, said she is honoured to get associated with a cause that is close to her heart.
The 47-year-old mother of two strongly feels that protection for child right is very important. "Each child should get the proper nutrition, upbringing and proper education. I really feel strongly about that and I am honoured to be associated with UNICEF. I want to work hard for it and make a difference in people`s life. If I can make a difference in somebody else`s life then I will consider myself fortunate," Madhuri said.
From past one year, the `Gulaab Gang` star has not only been supporting United Nations Children`s Fund (UNICEF) in the area of child rights but also has urged people for child protection including prevention of child labour and child trafficking.
The Bollywood celebrities who are part of other programmes of UNICEF are Priyanka Chopra, Amitabh Bachchan and Sharmila Tagore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Michael Jackson's daughter hits out at 'expectations'
- Valentine's 2016: Karan Singh Grover's piece of mind!
- Whoa! Priyanka Chopra dubs for Ms Marvel in 'Marvel Avengers'!
- Amitabh Bachchan makes it big, rejoices 23 million Facebook followers!
- Katrina Kaif breaks silence over break-up with Ranbir Kapoor, here's what she has to say