Hrithik Roshan donates money for Uttarakhand flood victims
Mumbai: Actor Hrithik Roshan has made a donation of Rs 25 lakh for the flood victims of Uttarakhand.
"One must do what one can to help others in need. It must become part of your belief system and must start at home. Also, I believe one must talk about his charities. The old belief of `self-glorification` giving and not talking about it does not serve the higher purpose of teaching people to give and propagating the ideal," Hrithik said in a statement here.
"We must set examples so that others may follow. Among all the negatives in the world, the positives must not go unnoticed," he said.
Hrithik thanked Aamir Khan for starting this initiative of donation. As Aamir initiated a drive for collecting funds for the flood victims of Uttarakhand, the industry joined in to show its support. He started off with his own donation of reportedly Rs 25 lakh.
Hrithik made sure that the cheque reached Aamir a day before he went in for his brain surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!