Hugh Jackman though James Bond role would box him in
Los Angeles: Australian actor Hugh Jackman says he declined to be considered for James Bond role because he was already shooting for an action movie `X-Men`.
Jackman, who has bagged an Oscar nomination for his role in Tom Hooper`s `Les Miserables`, has turned down many famous roles including the one played by Richard Gere in `Chicago`, the Hollywood Reporter said.
Talking about James Bond, which has Daniel Craig as 007, Jackman said, "I thought it would box me in too much. My natural instinct is to keep as many doors open as possible."
Jackman also pulled out of the Ryan Gosling starrer ‘Drive’, which he had developed, because he was unsure about working with relatively new director Nicolas Winding Refn.
The actor is currently preparing for the next `X-Men` movie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- He has to forgive me someday: Arijit Singh on row with Salman Khan
- Panchmukhi Hanuman – Know significance and reasons to pray Him!
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!