I am fine, clarifies David Dhawan from Bangkok
Mumbai: Laughing away reports that he collapsed on location in Bangkok while shooting for `Main Tera Hero`, director David Dhawan says he is in perfect health and in no mood to hang up his boots.
Speaking from the location David said: "I don`t know why everyone is so eager to see me give up doing what I am best at doing. I`ve no intentions of falling ill."
David says that after his health scare last year when he collapsed during an event organised by Shashi Ranjan, health is a priority.
"I am looking after myself. There is no point in killing myself over the workload. There was a time when I was shooting two films on adjacent sets and sometimes an average of three films a year. Now I`ve nothing to prove. Let my sons do all the work. Not that I am planning to retire."
Reacting to reports that his elder son Rohit had taken over the direction of `Main Tera Hero`, which stars his younger son Varun, David said: "Rohit is here to meet his father and brother. We are a family.
"And if I need him to direct for me, I`d happily ask him. Right now I am hale and hearty and I am on location in between shots as we talk."
"I know an ailing David Dhawan makes far better news than a healthy one. But sorry to disappoint," added the director of hits like `Biwi No. 1` and `Partner`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- Working birthday for Arjun Kapoor, says Chetan Bhagat
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- Shah Rukh, Ranbir, Abhishek and Amitabh clicked together at Pro Kabaddi League! Pics inside