I am not a good actress: Drew Barrymore
Los Angeles: Hollywood star Drew Barrymore may have been in the industry from a very young age, but she considers herself a mediocre actress.
The 39-year-old `Charlie`s Angels` star, who has starred in countless films, prefers to become the character while portraying them, reported E!Online.
"I don`t think I`m a good actress. I feel like it`s fake and yucky and it doesn`t ring true," Barrymore said.
"But if you research and you study and make it personal, you just become that person, and it`s your truth and everything else around you falls away. Then you`re telling the truth, it`s not lying, it`s not fake," she added.
The blonde beauty credits Steven Spielberg for giving her the best advice to sustain in the industry.
"Steven told me, `Don`t act your characters. Be your characters`. At (the age of) six, I guess I was comfortable and more humorous than I would have remembered now," she said.
"But once I got older and kept continuing acting, I don`t know if I would have succeeded without that advice, because that`s the thing that saved me. I`m not an actor, I`m a pretender," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: AR Murugadoss introduces action avatar of Sonakshi Sinha in 'Akira'
- Bid goodbye to frizzy hair this monsoon
- Tired of boring office attires? Pump up with fresh style hacks this season
- Salman Khan's brand new 'Sultan' poster is brutal and adrenaline-pumping! – View pic
- It was a joke: Irrfan on 'Kabali' poster comment
- Style queen Kangana Ranaut stuns in Grazia India's 100th issue cover! - Pics inside
- Baby boom! Teejay Sidhu and Karanvir Bohra to become parents for the first time
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Here's what Iulia Vantur advised the actor!
- Govinda ultimate Bollywood dancer for me: Farah Khan
- No apology from Salman Khan as he responds to NCW notice on 'raped woman' remark