I am not gender-biased, says Madhur Bhandarkar
New Delhi: Madhur Bhandarkar is popular for making women-oriented films like ‘Chandni Bar’, ‘Page 3’ and ‘Fashion’ and the filmmaker clarifies that this doesn`t mean he is gender-biased and says his only aim is to make good movies.
"For me, it is very necessary to make a good film, which garners success and critical acclaim. National Awards definitely come later," said Bhandarkar.
"I am never gender-biased. I would agree that the ratio of female actresses is more in my films and that`s why people think I make only women-oriented films but that`s not the case. All of it depends upon what I like at that time," he added.
Bhandarkar`s films have not only helped him carve a niche for himself, they also became turning point in female actresses` career -- be it Tabu in ‘Chandni Bar’ or Priyanka Chopra in ‘Fashion’, both the actresses won National Award for their performances in their respective films.
Now the filmmaker ready to share another story in the form of ‘Heroine’, which has Kareena Kapoor in the lead. It releases Sep 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What's cooking! When Deepika Padukone donned the chef hat – View pic
- No kids for John Abraham for now
- Watch: Arjun Kapoor makes his voice-over debut as 'Buck' in Hindi trailer of 'Ice Age Collision Course'!
- Shruti Haasan's latest Femina shoot will defy all norms of 'sitting awkwardly' – Pic inside
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui defends 'Babumoshai Bandookbaaz' director, says incident narrated by Chitrangada Singh didn't happen!