I auditioned for `Band Baaja Baarat`, says Rhea Chakraborty
Mumbai: Newbie Rhea Chakraborty, who is making her Bollywood debut in Yash Raj Films` `Mere Dad Ki Maruti`, says she had auditioned to play the leading lady in `Band Baaja Baarat`.
Rhea appeared in Telugu film `Tuneega Tuneega` last year, which marked her entry in films.
"I had auditioned for `Band Baaja Baarat` but did not get selected. I was feeling bad, was upset. But I think certain films are meant by destiny. And that film was not meant for me. May be the makers felt I did not fit the bill as I was just 17-year-old, so it`s ok," Rhea told PTI.
`Band Baaja Baarat`, a romantic-comedy set in the world of wedding planning, was produced by Aditya Chopra. The 2010 film, directed by debutant Maneesh Sharma and starring Anushka Sharma and Ranveer Singh, was a big hit.
"I did audition for quite a few YRF films. And I am happy `Mere Dad Ki Maruti` happened. I feel lucky to be a part of this project," the MTV VJ-turned-actress said.
"Even for this film I had to undergo several rounds of audition. When I got selected I was not aware how to react, what to say," she said.
Rhea will be seen in the movie opposite Saqib Saleem of `Mujhse Fraandship Karoge` fame.
`Mere Dad Ki Maruti` is directed by debutante Ashima Chibber, who has worked as assistant director on films like `Chak De India`, `Rockstar` and others. The film is set to release on March 15.
"I am quite excited about my first film release here. I am fully charged up for the film. I hope the audience like it," she said.
The comedy is set against the backdrop of a loud Punjabi wedding in Chandigarh and is the story of a boy who sneaks out with his father`s fancy new car to impress a girl.
Even before her debut Hindi film hits cinema houses, Rhea has signed two films but refuses to talk about it. One film is with Rohan Sippy titled `Sonali Cable` and the other is likely with YRF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Harshvardhan Kapoor expresses displeasure over Diljit Dosanjh's debut award win
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ and Roshans’ ‘Kaabil’ clash: My father is hurt, says Hrithik
- 'Coffee With D' movie review: Sunil Grover’s film is fun in a ditzy way
- Irrfan Khan’s ‘Hindi Medium’ poster out and it’s interesting!
- Jallikattu ban: AR Rahman fasts to support the spirit of Tamil Nadu!
- Jackie Chan greets Salman Khan in traditional India style – WATCH video
- Never wrote open letter to PM about Dawood: Sunil Grover
- Bollywood stars praise Yuvraj Singh's incredible century!
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Alia Bhatt congratulates Priyanka Chopra with a sweet message
- AR Rahman backs Jallikattu, to observe fast on Friday