I cannot support violence: Jim Carrey
London: `Bruce Almighty` star Jim Carrey has reportedly distanced himself with `Kiss Ass 2` promotions as he is apprehensive about ill-effects of violence shown in the movie.
The 51-year-old actor feels he cannot support violence in the movie as it has inappropriate consequences, reported Contactmusic.
"I did Kickass a month before Sandy Hook and now in all good conscience I cannot support that level of violence," Carrey tweeted.
"My apologies to others involved with the film. I am not ashamed of it but recent events have caused a change in my heart," he added.
`Kick-Ass 2`, which is due to be released in August, is a sequel of 2010 superhero movie, `Kick-Ass`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia Bhatt reacts to Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video – Details inside
- Would love to work with Vidya, Aditya: Kunaal Roy Kapur
- Sonam Kapoor DEFENDS Tanmay Bhat – Here's what she said
- Video alert! ‘Crazy’ Deepika Padukone, Homi Adajania on the sets of Sushant Singh Rajput’s ‘Raabta’
- Revealed! All you want to know about Geeta Basra's baby shower – Details inside