I`d love to play a villain: Akshay Kumar
Mumbai: He has done action, comedy and thriller and now actor-producer Akshay Kumar is interested in exploring roles with shades of grey, something that he has done in the past.
"I will keep on doing scripts that I like. When I did `Khakee`, it was earlier given to Paresh Rawal. When Rajkumar Santoshi approached me, I really liked the role. I really liked the character. So if I like the role, I would like to do it. I admire villain roles. I would love to play a villain," Akshay told reporters here Tuesday. He was celebrating the success of his recent release ‘Special 26’, which sees him as a conman.
When asked whether negative roles would affect his image, he said: "It`s just a film and I have played villain three times earlier." The actor had played a negative role in ‘Ajnabee’ and even got nominated for Filmfare in the negative role.
The 45-year-old is one of the blockbuster stars who is churning out big hits like ‘Rowdy Rathore’ and ‘Housefull 2’.
Another thing on his wish list is regional cinema.
"Regional films are doing well and I am producing a Marathi and a Punjabi film as well. If I get some good subject, then I will work in it as well," said Akshay who produces films under Hari Om Productions as well as Grazing Goat Productions, which he co-owns with Ashvini Yardi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- 'Casino Royale' actress Caterina Murino was sleepless over rape cases in India
- Arjun Rampal's mother fights cancer, actor prays for her good health
- Adele plants kiss on fan's lips
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?