I earn the least amount of money, says Aamir Khan
Mumbai: One of Bollywood`s favourite Khans, Aamir, claims to earn the "least compared to others", and says he "cannot compromise" with his emotions as "money cannot buy me".
"Till today, I have not worked for money and that is one of my biggest strengths," Aamir, who is currently on a roller-coaster thanks to the success of his latest release "Dhoom 3", told IANS in an interview here.
He has experimented with films, roles and genres galore in his over 25-year movie career. From loverboy to teacher to villager and now a villain, he has done it all, but it`s vital for Aamir to connect emotionally with a project before he gives it a thumbs up.
"It`s not that I don`t need money. All of us need money and, according to me, I earn the least amount of money. I earn the least compared to others and yet I am very happy because I do what my heart says.
"I never work for money. Give me Rs.100 crore for a film and if I don`t like it, I will not do it. I cannot compromise with my emotions, and money cannot buy me," added the 48-year-old actor, who started his full-fledged tryst with filmdom with the 1988 romance drama "Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak".
He cemented his spot in the movie business with projects like "Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin", "Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar", "Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke", "Raja Hindustani" and "Sarfarosh". The year 2001 turned out to be a turning point for Aamir, who featured in "Lagaan" and "Dil Chahta Hai" - films as different as chalk and cheese - and proved his versatility.
Thereafter, he went on to feature in films like "Rang De Basanti", "Fanaa", "Ghajini", "3 Idiots" and the critically acclaimed "Dhobi Ghat". He even acted in and directed the commercially and critically lauded 2007 film "Taare Zameen Par", which dealt with dyslexia.
No wonder Aamir is known to make films with a no-nonsense quality.
"It is difficult for me to go out of my sensibilities and work. I can do different kinds of genres, but if my sensibility doesn`t match, I will not do it. If it disturbs my values, I can`t do that film," he said.
"If I had a value judgment on `Delhi Belly`, I would not have produced it. It`s an adult comedy, it has use of abusive language, but I feel that even that is a colour of life which I would like to enjoy.
"So, we applied for an `A` certificate and I went out of my way to tell people that it`s an adult film and that if you have any objection, don`t come," he added.
That also makes Aamir, a father of three, a socially aware and conscious citizen. He has, of course, put that realm of himself to judicious use with his TV show "Satyamev Jayate", which gives out startling facts about society`s issues. But going beyond that capacity and joining politics to bring about change is not his cup of tea.
"I am not interested in politics. I feel whatever my strengths are, I want to make use of them. Why does a person join politics? Because they want to serve society. I feel wherever I am today, I can serve society in a better way.
"I don`t have to join politics for that. I am doing `Satyamev Jayate`, which is only about that. I am contributing a lot from here," said the actor, who is now awaiting the celebrations for the success of `Dhoom 3`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I hope after 'Quantico', Indian actors are taken seriously: Priyanka Chopra
- TV show 'Maharana Pratap' completes two years
- Anas Rashid injured on 'Diya Aur Baati Hum' set
- Sarabjit Singh's sister Dalbir Kaur visits 'Veera' set
- Darshan Raval to do cameo in 'Badtameez Dil'
- Check out: Salman Khan goes across the border in 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser
- Want to imbibe Anil's dedication, passion for work: Arjun Kapoor
- Veteran actor Dharmendra hospitalised
- Ajay Devgn to light up box office on Diwali 2016, 2017
- Masaba Gupta to dedicate fashion line to IIFA
- Ronit Roy spent six months to learn Haryanvi
- Lewis Hamilton smitten with Kendall Jenner
- Bradley Cooper was 'nervous' before first kiss for film
- Cher to endorse Marc Jacobs's new campaign
- Rihanna poses with spunky pink gun
- Edward Maya takes Bollywood turn for Indian concert
- I don't care about looking perfect: Melissa McCarthy
- Men prefer brains over big breasts and long legs: Study
- Women more forgiving towards attractive men
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West exploring surrogacy?
- Tracy Morgan settles car crash lawsuit with Walmart
- It's okay to have mental illness: Demi Lovato
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India