I had to prove myself: Ben Affleck
London: Actor Ben Affleck says it was a nightmare becoming a film director because of snobbery from Hollywod bigwigs.
The 40-year-old turned helmer with ‘Argo’ and he says he had the last laugh when he won the best director gong for the movie at the BAFTAs, reported Contactmusic.
"People are sceptical of actors who try to cross the border and try to direct and be more serious. So I had to prove myself, like you have to prove yourself in life.
"I`ve had experiences where I`ve been a little more exposed or had a few more bumps than usual. But in this business you`re always having to prove yourself. When you get to the next movie you`re at zero. The next one I do could be a disaster. You start at the beginning again," he said.
‘Argo’ is up for six Oscars next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- My mother is Divyanka Tripathi's fan, says Sonakshi Sinha
- Shah Rukh Khan's home has a 'spidey boom' and AbRam is enjoying it like a boss!
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Pratyusha Banerjee short film: Kamya Punjabi hits back at Rahul Raj Singh, says no one can scare me!
- Bob Dylan to receive Nobel prize in Stockholm at weekend: Academy