I had to prove myself: Ben Affleck
London: Actor Ben Affleck says it was a nightmare becoming a film director because of snobbery from Hollywod bigwigs.
The 40-year-old turned helmer with ‘Argo’ and he says he had the last laugh when he won the best director gong for the movie at the BAFTAs, reported Contactmusic.
"People are sceptical of actors who try to cross the border and try to direct and be more serious. So I had to prove myself, like you have to prove yourself in life.
"I`ve had experiences where I`ve been a little more exposed or had a few more bumps than usual. But in this business you`re always having to prove yourself. When you get to the next movie you`re at zero. The next one I do could be a disaster. You start at the beginning again," he said.
‘Argo’ is up for six Oscars next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Emraan Hashmi in and as 'Azhar' releases terrific first look on Azharuddin's birthday—See pic!
- Nicolas Cage to star in 'Vengeance: A Love Story'
- Benefits of chanting ‘OM Namah Shivaya’
- Vidya Balan to play 'Begum Jaan' in Mahesh Bhatt's next!
- South actress Devayani will star with Jr NTR in 'Janath Garage'!
- Sonu Sood's father dies of cardiac arrest at 77
- Shah Rukh Khan's toy date with AbRam disrupted by fan mob—Watch here!
- Karisma Kapoor avoids question on divorce, says not ready for films
- Ghazal maestro Jagjit Singh's first ever music fest to be held today!
- Virat Kohli keen to have Anushka Sharma back?