I have grown up on Karisma`s films: Rajniesh Duggal
New Delhi: Actor Rajniesh Duggal, who has been paired opposite actress Karisma Kapoor in ‘Dangerous Ishq’, says he is a huge fan of the actress and has grown up watching her films. The 37-year-old actress is making her Bollywood comeback with Vikram Bhatt`s upcoming film and Duggal, who is 60 films her junior says he is nostalgic about starring with her.
"I still remember being in school when she had already started working in films. I have grown up on her films like `Prem Qaidi`, `Jigar`, `Deedar`, `Anari`, `Khuddaar`, `Gopi Kishan` and `Raja Babu`. When I was cramming through school books, she was already making it big in the industry. Now today when she is returning after a hiatus with `Dangerous Ishq`, I am thrilled to be her leading man," Duggal said.
The model-turned-actor Raniesh, who shot to limelight with ‘1920’ three years back said that the actress never made him feel like a newcomer and helped him rehearse his dialogues.
"She is a pleasant personality who strikes a good balance between being a professional and a comfortable co-actor. She never came with any baggage or something. We rehearsed and spent time in understanding our scenes. I have seen that for Karisma, all that matters is how to perform in front of the camera," he said.
Right from the day it was announced ‘Dangerous Ishq’ has been pitched as Karisma`s comeback film but Duggal says his role in the film is equally important.
"It is obvious that `Dangerous Ishq` is a Karisma centric film but I too have a very important role in the film. After all it is that of a main male lead in the film. Once I took the narration, I knew that this role would get me a lot of things. I can trust Vikram sir if he feels I am the right fit for this role," he said.
‘Dangerous Ishq’ is a romantic thriller in 3D and Duggal says one can expect a lot of thrills and suspense.
"There is a lot of drama and certain stunning revelations. There is a lot of suspense here with good elements of thrill. Since the film has been shot in 3D, the thrill element takes a different preposition altogether," Rajniesh said.
The film also stars Divya Dutta, Jimmy Shergill and will hit the theatres on May 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Song out: 'Housefull 3' gang gives you a new party anthem in the form of 'Taang Uthake'! – Watch
- Priyanka Chopra won't refuse a good Bhojpuri film, says mother Madhu Chopra
- Whoa! Mukesh Khanna's 'Shaktimaan' to be back on Indian television?
- Treat your hardworking mom to hair care this summer!
- 'Kaabil' first look poster: Hrithik Roshan’s intense eyes precursor of a massive storm ahead!
- Kangana Ranaut to inspire women to share their stories
- Meet Shifuji Shaurya Bhardwaj: The living legend who played Tiger Shroff's trainer in 'Baaghi'!
- This emotional Instagram post by Arbaaz Khan talks about introspection
- Check out: Rani Mukerji’s first public appearance after baby Adira’s birth
- Adhyayan never said Kangana Ranaut practices black magic, says father Shekhar Suman