I have grown up on Karisma`s films: Rajniesh Duggal
New Delhi: Actor Rajniesh Duggal, who has been paired opposite actress Karisma Kapoor in ‘Dangerous Ishq’, says he is a huge fan of the actress and has grown up watching her films. The 37-year-old actress is making her Bollywood comeback with Vikram Bhatt`s upcoming film and Duggal, who is 60 films her junior says he is nostalgic about starring with her.
"I still remember being in school when she had already started working in films. I have grown up on her films like `Prem Qaidi`, `Jigar`, `Deedar`, `Anari`, `Khuddaar`, `Gopi Kishan` and `Raja Babu`. When I was cramming through school books, she was already making it big in the industry. Now today when she is returning after a hiatus with `Dangerous Ishq`, I am thrilled to be her leading man," Duggal said.
The model-turned-actor Raniesh, who shot to limelight with ‘1920’ three years back said that the actress never made him feel like a newcomer and helped him rehearse his dialogues.
"She is a pleasant personality who strikes a good balance between being a professional and a comfortable co-actor. She never came with any baggage or something. We rehearsed and spent time in understanding our scenes. I have seen that for Karisma, all that matters is how to perform in front of the camera," he said.
Right from the day it was announced ‘Dangerous Ishq’ has been pitched as Karisma`s comeback film but Duggal says his role in the film is equally important.
"It is obvious that `Dangerous Ishq` is a Karisma centric film but I too have a very important role in the film. After all it is that of a main male lead in the film. Once I took the narration, I knew that this role would get me a lot of things. I can trust Vikram sir if he feels I am the right fit for this role," he said.
‘Dangerous Ishq’ is a romantic thriller in 3D and Duggal says one can expect a lot of thrills and suspense.
"There is a lot of drama and certain stunning revelations. There is a lot of suspense here with good elements of thrill. Since the film has been shot in 3D, the thrill element takes a different preposition altogether," Rajniesh said.
The film also stars Divya Dutta, Jimmy Shergill and will hit the theatres on May 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Iulia Vantur finally opens up about marriage rumours with Salman Khan!
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Preity Zinta's cousin brother shoots himself in Shimla, police recover suicide notes
- Most searched male celebrity list 2016: Kapil Sharma beats Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan