I look for creative satisfaction, not success: Vishal Bhardwaj
Mumbai: Director-producer Vishal Bhardwaj says that as a filmmaker he is in pursuit of creative satisfaction as it remains with one for a longer time compared to success, which is short-lived.
The director of films like `Maqbool` and `Omkara` is right now occupied with his forthcoming production venture `Dedh Ishiqya`, a sequel to his 2010 thriller `Ishqiya`.
Starring Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit in a never-before seen avatar, the small-town based comedy thriller is coming out Jan 10 and it will also see Naseeruddin Shah, Arshad Warsi and Huma Qureshi in pivotal roles.
"I never look for success, I look for creative satisfaction. Success comes and goes but creative satisfaction remains with you. It`s better that I look for that. Box office success means nothing to me," Bhardwaj, whose last directorial venture was `Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola`, told reporters in a group interview.
For `Dedh Ishqiya`, Bhardwaj, who has co-scripted the film, once again teamed up with `Ishqiya` director Abhsishek Chaubey.
When asked why didn`t he direct it himself, he said: "I was more tempted to do `Maha Kaminey` because that film (`Kaminey) I had directed. This film I wrote, but it belongs more to Abhishek. Had he refused it, we won`t have made the sequel."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hrithik Roshan and Yami Gautam's 'automatic chemistry' will surprise you—Watch 'Kaabil' making video!
- Amal Clooney's baggy floral smock sparks pregnancy rumours!
- Priyanka Chopra wins big at People's Choice Awards one more time!
- Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut's brilliant chemistry in 'Yeh Ishq Hai' song from 'Rangoon' is a must WATCH!
- 'FIR' actress Kavita Kaushik set to marry boyfriend Ronnit Biswas!