I look for creative satisfaction, not success: Vishal Bhardwaj
Mumbai: Director-producer Vishal Bhardwaj says that as a filmmaker he is in pursuit of creative satisfaction as it remains with one for a longer time compared to success, which is short-lived.
The director of films like `Maqbool` and `Omkara` is right now occupied with his forthcoming production venture `Dedh Ishiqya`, a sequel to his 2010 thriller `Ishqiya`.
Starring Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit in a never-before seen avatar, the small-town based comedy thriller is coming out Jan 10 and it will also see Naseeruddin Shah, Arshad Warsi and Huma Qureshi in pivotal roles.
"I never look for success, I look for creative satisfaction. Success comes and goes but creative satisfaction remains with you. It`s better that I look for that. Box office success means nothing to me," Bhardwaj, whose last directorial venture was `Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola`, told reporters in a group interview.
For `Dedh Ishqiya`, Bhardwaj, who has co-scripted the film, once again teamed up with `Ishqiya` director Abhsishek Chaubey.
When asked why didn`t he direct it himself, he said: "I was more tempted to do `Maha Kaminey` because that film (`Kaminey) I had directed. This film I wrote, but it belongs more to Abhishek. Had he refused it, we won`t have made the sequel."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Arshad Warsi says 'Mata ka email' song doesn't intend to hurt anyone's sentiments
- 'Guddu Rangeela' conveys serious message with pinch of salt, says Arshad Warsi
- PIL against 'Mohalla Assi': HC fixes July 6 as date of hearing
- Sunny Leone to play cameo in Akshay Kumar's 'Singh Is Bliing'
- Katy Perry named Forbes highest paid female entertainer of 2015
- Watch: Shah Rukh Khan thanks his 'ardent' fans for loving him all these years!
- Salman Khan moved to tears after watching ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Watch: Salman Khan shares funny video featuring Kabir Khan!
- Deepika Padukone skips Arjun Kapoor's bash?