I love Katy Perry: Barack Obama
Los Angeles: US president Barack Obama is fond of singer Katy Perry and finds the pop star wonderful as a person.
Perry, who performed at the White house yesterday at a dinner celebration honouring the 46th anniversary of the Special Olympics and its founder, was introduced by Obama as one of his favourite people, reportedly.
"We have just one of my favourite people performing tonight?Katy Perry. We are so grateful to her. I love Katy Perry," the leader said.
Perry was accompanied by her mother and Obama was all praise for her. "Katy is just a wonderful person. I`ve just met her mom and now I know why she is such a wonderful person," he said.
He also thanked the `This Is How We Do` star for taking out time from her ongoing tour and performing at the White house.
"I just want everybody to know she is on tour right now and so for her to take time out to do this is really special, and so we really want to say thank you to her for doing this," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Communities of colour still being crushed: John Legend
- Top lesser known facts about fabled cartoonist Sudhir Tailang
- Renowned Indian cartoonist Sudhir Tailang passes away at 55
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Michael Jackson's daughter hits out at 'expectations'