I`m f***ing embarrassed to be a Republican, says Kid Rock
New York: Kid Rock may have supported Mitt Romney in the 2012 presidential election, but that doesn`t mean that he always supports their decisions.
In a new interview with Rolling Stone, the rocker has one point in particular that had him fuming.
The rockstar is planning a tour and trying to keep ticket prices at 20 dollars.
But he hasn`t been completely successful, because of ticketing fees and states that have outlawed paperless ticketing.
"That`s one of the times I`m f-king embarrassed to be a Republican," the Huffington Post quoted him as saying.
"It`s f-king Republican lawmakers passing those laws, you dumbasses. They already did it in New York and they`re trying to do it in Michigan. I`ve even called some of those guys to try and stop it," he said.
But the musician`s rage wasn`t only directed at Republican legislators.
Concert retailer Ticketmaster are taking a five-dollar service charge, which is 25 percent of the ticket.
However, Walmart stepped in and agreed to charge just 20 dollars, which includes parking.
He`s also putting up tickets on sites like StubHub in an effort to combat scalping.
Rock, who said that all musicians "have huge f-king egos," cited overpriced ticketing on tours by artists like The Rolling Stones as a big problem for the music industry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Iulia Vantur finally opens up about marriage rumours with Salman Khan!
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Preity Zinta's cousin brother shoots himself in Shimla, police recover suicide notes
- Most searched male celebrity list 2016: Kapil Sharma beats Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan