I`m f***ing embarrassed to be a Republican, says Kid Rock
New York: Kid Rock may have supported Mitt Romney in the 2012 presidential election, but that doesn`t mean that he always supports their decisions.
In a new interview with Rolling Stone, the rocker has one point in particular that had him fuming.
The rockstar is planning a tour and trying to keep ticket prices at 20 dollars.
But he hasn`t been completely successful, because of ticketing fees and states that have outlawed paperless ticketing.
"That`s one of the times I`m f-king embarrassed to be a Republican," the Huffington Post quoted him as saying.
"It`s f-king Republican lawmakers passing those laws, you dumbasses. They already did it in New York and they`re trying to do it in Michigan. I`ve even called some of those guys to try and stop it," he said.
But the musician`s rage wasn`t only directed at Republican legislators.
Concert retailer Ticketmaster are taking a five-dollar service charge, which is 25 percent of the ticket.
However, Walmart stepped in and agreed to charge just 20 dollars, which includes parking.
He`s also putting up tickets on sites like StubHub in an effort to combat scalping.
Rock, who said that all musicians "have huge f-king egos," cited overpriced ticketing on tours by artists like The Rolling Stones as a big problem for the music industry.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Winter season special: Hair care tips
- Spirituality: Chant this Ganesha Mantra on Tuesday to remove hurdles
- Bigg Boss: Rochelle, Priya have an ugly fight; Suyyash gets emotional on seeing sister
- Shah Rukh Khan explains the broken plane in 'Gerua' song
- Team 'Tamasha' to celebrate film's favourable response
- I really do want to make my debut on television very soon: Ranveer Singh
- Intolerance more a political than social issue: Subhash Ghai
- You always look good: SRK to Juhi Chawla
- Website plays up Aamir Khan intolerance row; gives readers chance to slap or kiss him
- I want to venture into production: Deepika Padukone