I`m not a believer in Oscars: Sunny Deol
Mumbai: National Award winning actor Sunny Deol, who is busy promoting his film ‘I Love New Year’, is contented with Indian audience and doesn`t feel the need to go to the Oscars.
"What is the need for Indians to go to the Oscars? (Indians ko Oscar jaane ki zaroorat kya hai?). Aren`t we happy here? Make the Indian audience happy. We have a population of 130 crore, is it not enough?" Sunny Deol told reporters during the theatrical trailer release of "I Love New Year" Monday.
In his 30 years` acting journey, the 56-year-old bagged two National Awards for ‘Ghayal’ and ‘Damini’ and says they came as a surprise to him.
"Everybody has an individual take on it. I am not a believer of these things (Oscars). I was surprised when I got the National Award. I was like how the hell did I get it?"
Media shy Sunny talked candidly at the event and said: "Everything is manipulated these days. Things are such that we ourselves give the news and read the other day."
Known for his action roles, the actor`s "I Love New Year" is a romantic comedy.
"As an actor I want to do everything. With comedy, it gets gentler... in action, it`s much about fighting. My fans should also see the other side of me," he said.
Co-directed by Vinay Sapru and Radhika Rao, 'I Love New Year' also features Kangna Ranaut in the female lead and is slated for an April 26 release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 725: Sarla reveals the truth behind Pragya's fake pregnancy
- No clash between 'Kaabil' and 'Raees': Hrithik Roshan's thriller drama preponed
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Get set to meet Akshay Kumar aka Jolly in 'Jolly LLB 2'! Teaser poster OUT
- Sunny Leone most searched personality of 2016; trumps superstar Salman Khan!
- Vaani Kapoor looks 'Befikre' on Vogue cover!
- Shah Rukh Khan and family looks PICTURE PERFECT, we say touch wood!
- Deepika Padukone flaunts her love for sports – Here’s how
- Deepika Padukone - a marriage material, says Ranveer Singh; Daddy Prakash Padukone reacts