I struggled despite being from a film background: Girish Taurani
Mumbai: Actor Girish Taurani, son of producer Kumar Taurani, who is debuting with ‘Ramaya Vastavaiya’, says his journey was not easy despite coming from a film background.
"Getting my first film was not really easy. Just because I am producer Kumar Taurani`s son doesn`t mean I did not struggle. I had my own share of struggle but not like other newcomers. But I am happy that I am debuting with Prabhu Devas film," Girish Taurani told reporters during the music launch of ‘Ramaya Vastavaiya’.
Filmmaker Prabhu Deva, who has earlier worked with stars like Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar, is for the first time working with newcomers and said: "It`s my job to give a break to newcomers. Once even I was a newcomer and people trusted me, so I am here today."
Actress Shruti Haasan, who has done many films, says it was great to work with Girish.
She said: "I really liked the concept and I was very determined to do this film. I had great fun working with Girish."
Directed by Prabhu Deva, ‘Ramaya Vastavaiya’ features Girish Taurani, Shruti Haasan, Satish Shah among others. The film is slated for release July 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- 'Casino Royale' actress Caterina Murino was sleepless over rape cases in India
- Arjun Rampal's mother fights cancer, actor prays for her good health
- Adele plants kiss on fan's lips
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?