I take inspiration from my parents: Amitabh Bachchan
Mumbai: Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan says that he takes inspiration from his parents. He said even today his parents inspire him.
"I limit my inspiration to my parents...to my father and mother. My father was a poet and my mother was from a Sikh family and it was very unusual for them to get married in the city of Allahabad," Bachchan said Thursday during an interview with G2: The Global Gujarati magazine`s editor Abhinav Aggarwal.
Talking about his relationship with his father, the actor said that he regrets not being able to spend more time with him.
"I live with his works and books. I regret not spending enough time with him. When he passed away I was devastated. He passed away when I was 62," he said.
Bachchan referred to his mother as being "strong willed" and "protective". "My mother was strong willed and protective. She was beautiful," he said.
The actor said that he is happy that his entire family consisting of wife Jaya Bachchan, son Abhishek Bachchan and daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai Bachchan stay under one roof.
"It is convenient that all of us stay under one roof. I think communication is important and I insist that we keep communicating. This brings a feeling of togetherness," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bigg Boss 10' promo out, Salman Khan tunrs astronaut for reality show!- WATCH
- 5 things that one must keep in mind this Ganesh Chaturthi!
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Virtual peer pressure can also spark competition
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- Jacqueline Fernandez turns elegant showstopper for Rajesh Pratap Singh
- Guess who? This Bollywood veteran is giving Salman Khan serious fitness goals - Pic inside
- Watch: Mouni Roy, Sanjeeda Sheikh's crazy 'Afghan Jalebi' act will make your day!
- B-Town celebs send warm wishes to Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput on birth of their daughter!