I try to protect kids from limelight: Kajol
New Delhi: Kajol lives in India`s entertainment capital Mumbai and is surrounded by glitz and glamour. Despite this the actress, a mother of two, tries to shield her children from the limelight to ensure they lead a normal childhood.
But it`s certainly not an easy task for Kajol and her husband, actor-producer Ajay Devgn.
"We have done as much as we could to take care of them, protect them and keep them out of the limelight," Kajol said.
"At the end of the day, we want them to grow up as normal kids and want them to have as much of a chance at childhood as they can," added the actress, who cut down her acting assignments to raise her kids and focus on her home.
Post marriage she has however been more active in TV commercials as shooting for them is less time consuming. From Olay to Whirlpool, she has endorsed various brands. Recently, the actress launched ‘Huggies Wonder Pants’.
The ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’ actress is very strict when it comes to her kids, Nyasa, 10 and Yug, 3.
"I am very strict with my kids. I think it is very important for them to know exactly what the boundaries are and that they cannot cross them. I think they will grow up to be better human beings if they have that in front of them. As parents it is our responsibility to teach them what is right and wrong," the 39-year-old said.
Do your children watch your movies?
"My daughter doesn`t see any of my movies because she thinks I cry too much in my films. She says, `You should do films like Golmaal like papa`. I was like, `Yes, I will think about it`. My son is too young to watch any of my movies. Maybe when he is older then...," she said.
"I think if I had to show films to them, I would show them `Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge`, `Kuch Kuch Hota Hai` and `Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha`. I think these are the kind of films that I would like them to see," she said.
Coming back to parenting, she said that being a celebrity mom isn`t easy.
"It was difficult for me. I was literally micro-managing my time. I had to wake up much earlier in the morning and finish my workouts before my baby woke up. Then send her to school and then after that, go for work," said Kajol.
"It was tough, but then where there is a will there is a way...if you really want to do it , you can," added the actress who did films like ‘My Name Is Khan’ and ‘We Are Family’ post the birth of her children.
The actress shares a wonderful bond with her husband as well. She says it is important to work on a relationship so that it does not falter.
"The fact that Ajay and I are okay together and that we are good together, that in itself makes him feel stable. I think you just have to work at it. Every relationship requires work. That is what we do...we work at it," she said.
The actress` next will be her husband`s production venture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Taylor Swift's fiercely loyal: Karlie Kloss
- Ed Sheeran may take year off
- Famed Detroit jazz trumpeter Marcus Belgrave dies at 78
- French immigration thriller bags Cannes Palme d'Or
- Rooney Mara, Emmanuelle Bercot share Cannes best actress award
- Feel sad to not see KKR at Eden: Shah Rukh Khan
- Anushka Sharma feels 'terrible' on being sick, misses fun with DDD boys
- Anil Kapoor, Ranveer Singh cheer for MI, Farhan Akhtar wants to catch a sixer
- Anushka Sharma has evolved as an actor, person: Ranveer Singh
- Haryana to set up three museums
- 'Mohenjodaro' wraps up 101 days of shoot in Bhuj
- Dwayne Johnson sets selfie world record
- Susan Sarandon inaugurates homes for Nepal quake survivors
- Celebrities show support for Ireland's vote for same sex marriage
- Myleene Klass 'happy' post ending year-old relationship with beau
- Ed Sheeran planning a year-long sabbatical to `live a bit`
- Kimye to relive the `best time` of their lives one more time
- Robert De Niro inspires young grads
- JK Rowling feels reputation restored post Daily Mail apology
- `Boxer fetished` Justin Bieber won't repeat underwears
- British actor Terry Sue-Patt found dead
- Allu Arjun inspires brother to sport six-pack abs
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- PM Modi to address rally in Mathura, may announce 'one rank, one pension' scheme implementation
- Kejriwal to hold 'Jan Sabha' to mark 100 days of AAP govt, may demand full statehood for Delhi