I`ve made mistakes, but I`ve no regrets, says Neha Dhupia
Mumbai: Bollywood actress Neha Dhupia, whose career has been a mixed bag so far, has admitted that she has made mistakes in her career but says she doesn`t regret any of them.
The former Miss India has been a part of popular films like "Kyaa Kool Hai Hum", "Shootout at Lokhandwala" and "Singh Is Kinng" as well as duds like "Sheesha" and "Paying Guest".
"I have made mistakes, but they are not regrets, and I don`t want to talk about my mistakes," Neha told IANS in an interview.
"There is no such thing as wrong films. A mistake could be not waking up in the morning and going to the gym, or if you are rude to someone or someone misunderstands you. I am not god, so I am not perfect. But there are no regrets," she added.
The 32-year-old admits she has turned down many offers that she thought were not suited for her.
"I got many opportunities, but I didn`t want to be a part of them. Sometimes you can`t relate to something or you feel you are too young or old to do something.
"I have refused a lot of work. It is not like I reject work, but I don`t agree with some things at times. I just feel that roles should add value to me also. If it`s a great role and even if there is one scene, I will do it," she said.
Neha entered the film world after a brush with modelling. She says models are not very good actors, and there are better actors than her in the industry. However, she doesn`t believe in competing with anyone.
"There are better actors than us (models) in the industry. Everyone has a (different)magic and I feel that you can only last those many years and get those many more films. Maybe my magic doesn`t come across that much, but everyone has something. There is something special about me, maybe not as much as someone else," she said.
The actress said she loves being a part of the film industry, and that having a star parent would have made it easier for her.
"It is easier when you have a parent in the industry... you have someone who is selflessly guiding you. If I had a godfather, things would have been different, but even if it is not there, it is okay. I love being in the industry," she said.
Neha also added that she doesn`t agree with stereotypical assumptions about the industry being tough on girls.
"People say the industry is a certain way and it is tough for girls, but I have never encountered anything like that...My morals are very high," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I hope after 'Quantico', Indian actors are taken seriously: Priyanka Chopra
- TV show 'Maharana Pratap' completes two years
- Anas Rashid injured on 'Diya Aur Baati Hum' set
- Sarabjit Singh's sister Dalbir Kaur visits 'Veera' set
- Darshan Raval to do cameo in 'Badtameez Dil'
- Check out: Salman Khan goes across the border in 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser
- Want to imbibe Anil's passion, dedication for work: Arjun Kapoor
- Veteran actor Dharmendra hospitalised
- Ajay Devgn to light up box office on Diwali 2016, 2017
- Masaba Gupta to dedicate fashion line to IIFA
- Ronit Roy spent six months to learn Haryanvi
- Cara Delevingne poses topless for jewellery ad
- I quite like being naked: Miranda Kerr
- Men watching porn less likely to enjoy sex with real-life partners
- December 11 is the most popular day of the year to conceive
- Now have 'aquagasm' with new 'shower' sex toy
- Gisele Bundchen goes topless again
- Jessica Simpson poses in seductive way on Instagram
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian poses nude
- Secret behind Kim K's nude photoshoot revealed
- Jennifer Lawrence draws eyeballs in new photo shoot
- Keira Knightley will go topless, but on condition
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm