I was homeless as a teen: Jennifer Lopez
London: Singer-actress Jennifer Lopez used to be homeless and slept in a dance studio after fighting with her mother about her career.
The `Dance Again` hitmaker, 43, who has five-year-old twins Max and Emme with her ex-husband Marc Anthony, said she often had arguments with her mother regarding her career plans, reported Contactmusic.
"My mom and I butted heads. I didn`t want to go to college - I wanted to try dance full-time. So she and I had a break. I started sleeping on the sofa in the dance studio.
"I was homeless, but I told her, `This is what I have to do.` A few months later, I landed a job dancing in Europe. When I got back, I booked `In Living Color`. I became a Fly Girl and moved to LA. It all happened in a year," she said.
Lopez said she initially hated living in Los Angeles after relocating there from the Bronx, New York.
"I hated LA. I was asking, `Where`s the store for milk? Don`t you guys walk on the street?` Now I love Los Angeles, but it doesn`t give me strength the way the Bronx did. All the strength that I needed for life, I got from that neighbourhood," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India feels like home: Fawad Khan
- Ban on women's entry in some temples unfair: Vidya Balan
- Bollywood film 'Neerja' banned in Pakistan
- Salman hit and run case: Victim's family challenge Salman Khan's acquittal
- Fawad Khan, Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt's unmissable family drama in 'Kapoor & Sons' trailer – Watch