I was never considered a beauty: Vishakha Singh
Mumbai: Actress Vishakha Singh, who has recently featured in films like ‘Fukrey’ and ‘Ankur Arora Murder Case’, says she was never considered to be beautiful during her growing up days.
Despite her belief, the actress was recently awarded the best smile award by Elle Magazine here.
"While growing up, I was never considered a `beauty`... more so because I have a crooked tooth that I just refused to get fixed. Believe me, I have lost enough toothpaste ads because of this (the crooked tooth)," she said.
Nevertheless, Vishakha is happy to have received the award.
"I hope it sends out the right message that you don`t need to follow the crowd. You have to be comfortable with who you are and have the conviction. There is beauty in imperfection too," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why not: Kangana Ranaut on getting married more than once
- Can you believe it? Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh danced to 'Dilli Wali Girlfriend' setting the party on fire!- WATCH
- Pakistan to ban Sunny Leone song?
- Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson became more popular after death: Amitabh Bachchan
- Black with a hint of gold, Sonam Kapoor's debonair suit will win your heart!