I will not do multi-starrer films: Ali Fazal
New Delhi: Actor Ali Fazal has decided to be a part of solo lead films following the success of his last release `Bobby Jasoos`.
The 27-year-old actor, who started his career in Bollywood with multi-starrers including `3 Idiots` and `Fukrey`, said he would like to do bigger roles now.
"My next two films will have me in lead roles and that show people are putting trust in me. All my earlier films were either multi-starrer or did not have me in the prime focus but I would now want to change that. I will refrain from doing small roles and films with more than one hero," Ali told in an interview.
Ali`s upcoming films include Mahesh Bhatt`s production `Khamoshiyan` and `Sonali Cable`. In both the films, the actor will be playing the protagonist.
"I admire Bhatts, they are amazing and the way they are guiding us is fabulous. With `Khamoshiyan`, I am moving away from huge-cast films and I hope I get better roles from now," he said.
The actor even turned down his debut Hollywood TV drama `Homeland` for the films.
"I don`t regret leaving `Homeland` because I wanted to work with the Bhatts. The dates were clashing and I had to make a choice. My first preference is Bollywood and will always be," said the young star, who has done a cameo in Hollywood film `Fast and Furious 7`.
Ali says he never expected to bag a role in the Hollywood action movie and though it is a small appearance, he feels honoured to be associated with such a huge franchise.
"`Fast & Furious` is Hollywood`s `Dabangg`. It is that big there, so it obviously feels amazing to have played a part in it. The role is small but very interesting. People will see me in full Hollywood accent and the character is not like typical Indian character," he said.
The actor is in no mood to have a long innings in Hollywood and is content with small roles and cameos.
"I don`t see a full-fledged career in Hollywood. I am happy with the cameos. Even Tom Cruise will only do special appearances in our films; he wouldn`t do a full hero movie. But it`s good to act in different cinema," Ali said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: AR Murugadoss introduces action avatar of Sonakshi Sinha in 'Akira'
- Bid goodbye to frizzy hair this monsoon
- Tired of boring office attires? Pump up with fresh style hacks this season
- Salman Khan's brand new 'Sultan' poster is brutal and adrenaline-pumping! – View pic
- It was a joke: Irrfan on 'Kabali' poster comment
- Style queen Kangana Ranaut stuns in Grazia India's 100th issue cover! - Pics inside
- Baby boom! Teejay Sidhu and Karanvir Bohra to become parents for the first time
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Here's what Iulia Vantur advised the actor!
- Govinda ultimate Bollywood dancer for me: Farah Khan
- No apology from Salman Khan as he responds to NCW notice on 'raped woman' remark