Iconic look in `Deewar` an accident: Amitabh Bachchan
Zee Media Bureau/ Aparna Mudi
New Delhi: Sometimes a small accident or a mistake can turn into an iconic symbol. The look of Amitabh Bachchan in his superhit movie `Deewar` is a prime example of this.
Talking about the mistake on his official Twitter handle, Big B said that his knotted shirt look in the 1975 hit film happened only because the shirt was stitched wrongly and was too long.
The superstar posted:
T 1533 - The knotted shirt and rope on shoulder in 'Deewar' was an adjustment for an error in stiching .. shirt too long so knotted it .. !!
— Amitabh Bachchan (@SrBachchan) July 2, 2014
This went on to become a style icon for the youth, and a symbol of the angry young man which Amitabh Bachchan signified.
With icons like Amitabh Bachchan, Shashi Kapoor, Parveen Babi, and Neetu Singh, the movie boasted of powerful script writing by the famed duo Salim-Javed. The movie did fantastically at the Box Office and left its indelible mark on the industry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 725: Sarla reveals the truth behind Pragya's fake pregnancy
- No clash between 'Kaabil' and 'Raees': Hrithik Roshan's thriller drama preponed
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Get set to meet Akshay Kumar aka Jolly in 'Jolly LLB 2'! Teaser poster OUT
- Sunny Leone most searched personality of 2016; trumps superstar Salman Khan!
- Vaani Kapoor looks 'Befikre' on Vogue cover!
- Shah Rukh Khan and family looks PICTURE PERFECT, we say touch wood!
- Deepika Padukone flaunts her love for sports – Here’s how
- Deepika Padukone - a marriage material, says Ranveer Singh; Daddy Prakash Padukone reacts