In mourning, Lata Mangeshkar not to celebrate birthday
Mumbai: India`s nightingale Lata Mangeshkar grows a year older Saturday but she will not celebrate the day with fanfare.
Lata is no mood for celebrations.
"Recently, my elder sister Meena`s husband passed away. And before that my younger sister Asha lost her daughter Varsha. This has been a bad year for the family. Even outside the family, there`s so much happening that is not right. I see no reason to celebrate," said the 83-year-old.
However, one hears that Lata`s brother Hridayanath Mangeshkar has planned a very special homage to his sister`s timeless voice in the form of a marathon eight-hour concert in Pune. It is entitled Didi Aur Main.
The concert will have various musicians and singers paying musical tribute to the voice that has defined feminine beauty on celluloid for six decades.
Lata said: "I`ve heard about the concert. It is my brother`s way of showing his love for me. I won`t be there at the show because if I am present the singers would feel very self-conscious."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan to marry by the end of 2016?
- Hot alert! Radhika Apte sets the temperature soaring on FHM cover May issue
- Unbelievable! This is what Amitabh Bachchan tells Kangana Ranaut every time he meets her
- Here's what B-Town stars have to say about Keenan-Reuben murder case verdict!
- Singer Mika Singh gets bail in assault case